Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The beginning is the most important part of the work. -Plato

Welcome to the online Biggest Loser Competition! This will be a fun 16 week weight loss and health improvement challenge starting March 12th.

There will be 2 ways to win this competition.
  • Highest Weight Loss By %
  • Total Points Earned

The Rules:

Weight Loss - Participants will weigh in by 10:00 a.m. each Monday morning and email or text message your weight to me. I will log the percents lost. These numbers will remain confidential and will not be shared with anyone. Only your percent lost will be posted each week.

Points - Participants can earn up to 6 points each week.
- 1 point for exercising a minimum of 2.5 hours per week.
- 1 point for eating at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day
- 1 point for completing the weekly challenge (weekly challenges will alternate between exercise and nutrition goals)
-Participants with the highest percent weight loss for the week will be awarded points according their placement (3 points for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 1 point for 3rd place)

The competition will only be $15 to join. As soon as everyone is signed up, I will make this blog private so only participants have access. Cash prizes will be announced when we have a total number of participants.

To join, please complete the following steps:
1. Email me a picture and a short description about yourself and your goals.
2. Email me your phone number so I know who is sending me weigh in by text message.
3. Turn in your $15 dollar payment.

I am excited for the challenge!

Feel free to email with questions.

Melissa Beckstrand
melissa.beckstrand@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Excellent! Feel free to spread the word about the competition.

      Delete
    2. Hi Shauna,
      Are you still joining the competition?

      Delete
  2. My name is Breanna Simeona. I am Kara Stoker's sister. I'm in, and super excited! So do people get kicked off each week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Breanna. Welcome to the competition! No one gets kicked off, unless they kick themselves off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, I'm excited! And I won't be kicking myself off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news! Send me an email with a photo and an introduction. melissa.beckstrand@gmail.com

      Delete